Royal Darwin Hospital Annual Respiratory and Sleep Workshop 2019
19 Sep 2019 at 8:15 AM to 20 Sep 2019 at 4:00 PM
Menzies School of Health Research, Royal Darwin Hospital, 58 Rocklands Drive, Tiwi NT
Royal Darwin Hospital
The Royal Darwin Hospital annual Respiratory and Sleep workshop will focus on increasing prevention, early detection and management of respiratory conditions in the Aboriginal population.
The two day workshop will provide practitioners the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in relation to the following topics:
- airway diseases – asthma and COPD management out of the hospital
- spirometry testing in Aboriginal patients with a respiratory scientist
- the importance of physiotherapy in the management of chronic lung disease
- pharmacotherapy in respiratory diseases
- pulmonary infections in the Top End
- overview of lung cancer in Indigenous People in the Top End
- sleep disorders in Aboriginal patients
- practical sessions – O2 therapy, bronchoscopy, CPAP machine and accessories
This is a free event and includes morning tea and light lunch.
Visit Annual Respiratory and Sleep Workshop 2019
for more details.
For more information, contact Izaak Thomas via CDCUAdmin.THS@nt.gov.au
The Royal Australasian College of Physicians publishes notices of events as a service to members. Such publication does not constitute endorsement or mandating of the event.