We have several advocacy activities underway to support you.
Personal protective equipment
Access to appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all RACP members on the frontlines of healthcare service delivery during COVID-19 is a top advocacy priority.
We're urging governments to:
- ensure frontline health care workers have access to necessary PPE in public and private hospitals and residential aged care settings
- ensure physicians and paediatricians in private practice in the community can access their PPE requirements privately or from the National Medical Stockpile
- provide transparent information about reserves in the National Medical Stockpile, including by jurisdiction
- extend the PPE requirement for N95 masks to aged-care facilities
Find out more about the results of our PPE survey and read our statement on the use of PPE.
We delivered results of our member survey on telehealth to the Federal Government. Results outlined telehealth benefits to patients, as identified by members. We used this to advocate for telehealth extension.
Our constructive discussions with Government have resulted in a 6-month extension of the MBS telehealth items introduced to cover the COVID-19 pandemic. Items used by specialists will continue unchanged.
Read more about the outcomes from our telehealth member survey.
Healthcare worker infection
We published a statement on healthcare worker infection in Victoria and are urging governments to:
- commit to a target of zero occupationally-acquired healthcare worker COVID-19 infections
- report nationally and by jurisdiction on healthcare workers testing positive to COVID-19 by age group, occupation, primary workplace and if the infection was occupationally acquired
COVID-19 Expert Reference Group
Our COVID-19 Expert Reference Group (ERG) includes specialists in:
The ERG meets fortnightly to discuss advocacy priorities, review government advice on COVID-19 and identify resources to share with members.
See our COVID-19 Expert Reference Group terms of reference (PDF).