King's Birthday Honours 2023
19 Jun 2023
Congratulations to the 31 RACP Fellows recognised in the 2023 King's Birthday Honours list. These awards highlight the outstanding work RACP members do and the importance of that work in local, national and international communities.
Aotearoa New Zealand
Dame Companion of the NZ Order of Merit (DNZM)
- Dr Teuila Percival QSO, FRACP
For services to Health and the Pacific community.
Companion of the NZ Order of Merit (CNZM)
Companion (AC) in the General Division
- Emeritus Professor Caroline Isabel Bower, FAFPHM
For eminent service to medical research as a paediatric epidemiologist, particularly in birth defects and early childhood development, health and welfare through public health initiatives, and medical education.
Officer (AO) in the General Division
- Clinical Associate Professor Robert Ali, FAChAM, FAFPHM
For distinguished service to medical and health research, particularly drug and alcohol dependence, and to education and training.
- Kerry John Breen AM, FRACP
For distinguished service to the advancement of ethical medical research, to the development of doctors' health programs, and as an author.
- Professor Michael Horowitz, FRACP
For distinguished service to endocrinology, particularly diabetes, as a researcher, educator and clinician.
- Clinical Professor Brendon John Kearney, FAFPHM, FRACP
For distinguished service to medicine in the fields of health technology assessment and health outcomes research.
- Professor Grant Alan McArthur, FRACP
For distinguished service to medicine as a clinician scientist through melanoma and cancer research, and to leadership roles.
- Clinical Professor Ruth Marshall, FAFRM
For distinguished service to rehabilitation medicine, particularly to people living with spinal cord injury or disorder, as a leader, mentor and clinician.
- Professor Erica Michelle Wood, FRACP
For distinguished service to transfusion medicine and haemovigilance, to haematology, and to national and international organisations.
- Professor John Raymond Zalcberg OAM, FRACP
For distinguished service to oncology as a clinician researcher, and as an advocate for those living with cancer.
Member (AM) in the General Division
- Dr Elizabeth Barrett, FAFPHM
For significant service to rural and remote medicine in various roles.
- Dr David James Blacker WA, FRACP
For significant service to medicine, and to neurological research.
- Dr David Hill, FRACP
For significant service to paediatric medicine in the fields of allergy and respiratory biology.
- Dr Richard Frederick Jones, FRACP, FAFRM
For significant service to medicine in the field of spinal injury and rehabilitation.
- Dr Michael Anthony McGrath, FRACP
For significant service to medicine as a vascular specialist.
- Dr William John McKay, FRACP
For significant service to medical administration in the field of nuclear medicine.
- Professor Harshal Nandurkar, FRACP
For significant service to medicine, particularly as a haematologist.
- Associate Professor George Andrew Skowronski, FRACP
For significant service to intensive care medicine, and to medical research
- Dr Philip Arthur Tideman, FRACP
For significant service to rural and remote medicine.
- Dr Duncan Jake Topliss, FRACP
For significant service to endocrinology, and to professional organisations.
- Dr Robert Michael Whitby, FRACP, FAFPHM, FAChSHM
For significant service to medicine in the field of infectious diseases, and to tertiary education.
- Dr Kenneth Rowland Whiting, FRACP
For significant service to paediatric medicine, and to neurodevelopmental disorder organisations.
- Professor Margaret Rosemary Zacharin OAM, FRACP
For significant service to medicine, particularly paediatric endocrinology.
Medal (OAM) in the General Division
- Dr Rosemary Ann Hackworthy, FRACP
For service to medicine as a cardiologist.
- Dr Norman Roth, FAChSHM
For service to sexual health medicine.
Public Service Medals
- Dr Paul Kenneth Armstrong, FRACP, FAFPHM
For outstanding public service through contributions to the health and wellbeing of Western Australians during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dr Clare Margaret Huppatz, FAFPHM
For outstanding public service through management of public health responses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Professor Elizabeth Shirley McCready (Whiting), FRACP
For outstanding public service to healthcare in Queensland, particularly for aged care.
COVID-19 Honour Roll
Member (AM) in the General Division
- Dr David Charles Hughes, FRACP