Accredited training sites
What is an accredited training site?
An accredited training site is a hospital or health service that is approved by the RACP as a site for Basic and Advanced Trainees to complete their training.
Trainees must by employed by an accredited training site before applying for Basic or Advanced Training.
An accredited training site will provide a trainee with:
- Access to quality supervision during training
- The opportunity to improve on clinical skills and knowledge
- Continuing education and research opportunities
How are hospitals or health services accredited as training sites?
The RACP assesses all hospitals and health services who wish to become accredited training sites to ensure they meet the criteria to provide training.
View further information on training site accreditation.
How do I apply for a position at an accredited training site?
The RACP is not responsible for finding training positions for applicants.
A list of accredited training sites is available on the College website for the relevant Basic or Advanced training program.
Contact the accredited training site directly to find a training position.
Changes to the RACP Training Positions Guide
The RACP has enhanced the medical positions vacant service to enable members to access it on the College website and advertisers to submit advertisements online as they arise.
This means the RACP will no longer publish the Training Positions Guide in hardcopy or PDF.
What are the benefits?
- It's flexible - you are no longer limited to an annual publication, which means positions can be advertised at any time
- Up-to-date information – advertisements no longer appear after the closing date
- Advertisements reach a wider audience – medical positions vacant can now be accessed from the 'About' tab on the College website.
View the current Trainee Positions and General Medicine Positions on the RACP Website.
Advanced Trainee Selection and Matching (ATSM)
ATSM is an online documentation and numerical preference system that electronically matches eligible applicants to Advanced Training positions at RACP accredited training sites.
ATSM provides participating specialty groups, employers and Advanced Trainees with a centralised location and platform to fill and secure Advanced Training positions.
Learn more about ATSM and see if your specialty is involved