Theme: Training oversight
Training oversight theme calls on training providers to deliver an effective system of governance and leadership that manages and improves physician training.
- The training provider meets the Accreditation Standards, provides best practice training and continuously improves the quality of its training.
- A training provider practices leadership and effective training governance that:
- has a systematic and coordinated approach to both the delivery of physician training and the individual training programs
- has a training structure and processes that effectively support training
- has resources and effective relationships so everyone involved in training is supported to carry out their roles and knows where to seek advice
- collaborates with other training providers
- supports educators with demonstrable credibility and capability to lead, manage and deliver training
- provides a trainee with high-quality learning experiences that contribute to the achievement of curriculum learning outcomes and training program requirements
- Candidates are appointed to training positions based on merit.
- Trainees are satisfied with their employment arrangements, rotations, training setting allocations and rosters.
- Trainees can access flexible training.
The leader at an executive level (or equivalent):
- develops and maintains training governance and leadership
- is responsible for acting when a concern is raised about training governance or the management and delivery of training
Standard 3: Governance
Standard 4: Training management