Master of Public Health (or equivalent)
All Masters of Public Health (MPH) courses must be an assessed course rather than an attendance course.
For trainees who enter the program from 2018 onwards:
A completed MPH (or equivalent) that satisfies* the five Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine (AFPHM) compulsory core discipline areas.
* This requirement is recommended for 2017 and mandatory from 2018.
For trainees who enter the program before 2018:
- A completed MPH (or equivalent) that satisfies the five AFPHM compulsory core discipline areas
- Current enrolment in a Master of Public Health course at the time of application.
- Three of five core discipline areas must be completed at the time of application.
- Progression beyond 12 units/months of training will require evidence of a pass on approved subjects that address outstanding core discipline areas.
AFPHM compulsory core discipline areas
- Health Protection (includes Environmental Health and/or Communicable Disease Prevention and Control)
- Health Promotion
- Health Policy, Planning or Management